Wednesday 17 March 2010

Task 2:How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?





This is a picture i made on Photoshop to show the links between my music video and my poster and digipack.
The links are:
Colour: The lighting in the music video was quite dark so the colours were quite grey and the costumes were fairly light colours, eg pastels, so therefore in my digipack and poster i made the saturation on my images more to make the images lighter and more of a greyish colour to link them with the video, i also still used light colours for costumes.

Tea Party: In our video the tea party scene was a main aspect of our video and i brought this into my digi pack and poster also. the set for my photos was a tea party on a bed which i thought brought and abstract look to the photos. I still incorporated tea cups and tea party props in the photos to keep a link between the two.

Lighting: In the band preformance scene we used fairy lights in the trees to five a almost dreamlike/fairytale effect. I also used fairy lights in my photos, they were hung over the bed. Although it was quite subtle i think it worked really well and made sure there was a continuous link between my video and my digipack and poster.

Alice In Wonderland: During the video we had people dress up as characters from alice in wonderland to keep up the fairy tale atmosphere. We had Alice;the Mad Hatter;Queen of Hearts and A playing card. Although it was difficult i tried to keep this theme throughout my digipack, however it did not appear in any of my final chosen photos, here however is an exmaple:





These are Alice and wonderland playing cards which were scattered over the bed to give a more Alice in wonderland look to the photoshoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers